Thursday, March 22, 2007

Heat 3rd. in Nagoya

I just read my entry from last night and realized like Pandora pointed out that I had forgotten to write something in English...So here it is, a couple of days ago I was at the event in Differ Ariake with Ryo Pettas. It was his first fight in the organisation called J-Network, and they fight under full Thai rules with elbows. So needless to say that we had been working a lot on the elbows for these last 6 months. But during the fight he got caught with a well placed knee, and then it was hard to pick up the pace after that. The whole thing ended with him getting cut real bad under his left eye, TKO loss for him hit us all very hard. We had prepared well for the fight but you never know what can happen on the day, and the worst thing happened he lost and got cut. At least he didn't get discouraged, I felt really responsible for him and now that we know better what we are up against we need to go back in the gym and just work harder. So I am in Nagoya right now, it is about 2 hours out of Tokyo, here with Koichi to fight against Andrew Peck. Last time I was here I fought the main event against Onda, Japanese big guy. It was a good event and everyone is really friendly. Today Koichi is fighting his biggest opponent so far, and I am sure that he will do well. He has been sparring a lot with Peter Graham, whom I went to New Zealand with to fight against Andrew last year. We won that fight in the second round with low kicks...so we know what we are up against, and hope to do something like that again. Anyway, the bus is here and I gotta get on it or we will be late for the fights...So hope to be able to report something nice in a couple of hours!

Nicholas

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP