Monday, June 11, 2007

These days. 最近。

So you know how sometimes you feel like time just goes by real fast, well I guess that is how it feels when you find yourself real busy. This Sunday I was up at the crack of first light and up on my bike. I drove out to Shinagawa St. and took the bullit train to Osaka, I had to make my way down there for a kind of talk show. Got there in time and then straight back to Tokyo! Off the train and then straight to Koichi's fight in the Korakuen. I mean I went as fast as possible, but it still took me over 6 hours of traveling just to sit down and talk for about 40 min. But it was good to see the fans turn up and cheer me on, I liked the atmosphere that was in the air, and everyone was really nice. I had a good time. But then again, off my bike and up the stairs! I made it just in time to see Koichi of for the last round of the fight. I could tell by the way he looked at me that he had done allright. I was confident that he would be able to beat the guy he was going to fight, but still this guy turned out to be a lot tuffer than we had expected. It was a good fight for him at this time in his way up the ladder. I stayed on and watched a couple of other fights, and enjoyed the intensity in the Korakuen, still the only real place to watch fighting in Japan. I then decided to go home, because I needed to get up early for Mondays first session. And that was when it hit me, although I had been reading my book on the train, I was still doing something. This was the first time in the whole last week where I found myself utterly alone, and riding my Harley through the deserted streets of Tokyo on a Sunday night. It was pure joy to feel the bike purring between my legs, and most of the intersections just happened to turn green whenever I pulled up to them! So it made it all worth it, I wanted to cruise around a bit more. I was almost starting to whish that I lived further away...It was just me on a bike, and all that black top leading the way. I don't know if it was the bike event that just happened to collide with my life in such a way, that on my way home I would have one of those moments...We have all had them, you know when everything just seems right. Like you can't go wrong, everything you do just makes sense and when you don't make sense it is cool because you go with the flow and it all blends into sense. I love getting up in the morning and running, it gives me a clear day all day. And after that run last night, I was sure to have a great day. You know even the fact that I had set my heart out to get myself a Whopper with cheese at the newly opened Burger King in Shinjuku, but since I was not exactly the only BK fan to have gotten that idea, and didn't feel I could endure the 1 hour and 30 min. it would take to get me that Whopper, I had a great run last night. I think that I might make a thing out of it, you know just jump up the Hog and drive around in the middle of the night of Tokyo. Or even better make it a Sunday night drive thing, I mean I always end up in front of the TV Sunday night trying to figure out who is going to be the next American Idol...And since the contest is already over and I know that, WAIT you haven't heard it yet???well, it was Jordin Sparks that won it, and she deserved it too...Damn shame that they got rid of Lakisha! That girl can sing too...

Nicholas

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP