Monday, August 10, 2009

Feeling like I am in the Amazonhouse




I felt like I was inside a zoo or something, so I kind of made a joke out of it in Japanese. Yesterday proved to be a hard day. I bicycled for 15 min. at what I would consider normal speed. I actually sweat'd quite a bit and it felt great to take a shower and clean up after a god work out. Today my assigned rehab doctor is on leave and I am meeting up with some other Doctor that is going to take me through the daily routine. But I am starting to feel that I might be able to push myself in ways that only I would know since it is my body. Obviously they know what to do with elderly people coming out of this surgery, but I am after all still a professional athlete. And have a much more intimate relationship with my body, so I know where to push and where not to. I have been improving on all the exercises and adding new ones that the Doctors here have never seen. So I guess that is adding to my fast recovery, I mean when I got up on the bike they were like? Are you sure you should be doing that? And I was like? Are you sure you should have me do other stuff that is way out of my league? So I have been able to find the middle ground and feel that the last couple of days have been very productive. I am hoping to get out of here on Friday and then hopefully soon I will be able to resume a normal life.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP