Saturday, June 21, 2008

Akebono Grand Champion


I showed you the picture with Akebono and me yesterday, it was taken at the press conference. But as most of you might already know, he was the first non-japanese sumo wrestler to become Yokozuna, Grand Champion. And when I first came to Japan he was a super star, I used to watch him sumo wrestle all the time. During those days there were wrestlers such as Konishiki(the biggest ever, also from Hawaii), Takanohana and Wakanohana, brothers and sons of former sumo champion, later came Musashimaru out of Hawaii too and now there are two Mongolian Grand Champions, Asasyouryu and Hakuhou. I have been fortunate enough to have met most of them all and consider myself a friend of most of them. So it is actually an honor to stand next to a hero of mine, and then be able to collaborate on something such as a grand event of K-1 in Hawaii. I am very exited about the whole thing and really look forward to the whole event. This clip was in the news paper yesterday, I thought I might scan it and upload it.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP