Monday, March 3, 2008

Morning view !

While we are here in Denmark, we decided to rent a car so that we can get around. But the thing is I dont know where everything is, I mean I know my old neigborhood, but that is not much of Denmark. Today we are going to make our way down to the south part of the Island Sealand, and visit a place called Lalandia. Its a indoor swimming pool with wtaer slide etc. it is gonna be great fun with all the kids running around like crazy. Anyway, I am feeling a bit like a tourist that knows how to speak the language, everybody in Denmark speaks english, so it is easy to communicate, even for the kids. Waking up to a real nice day like today was good, we have been going to baker everyday and on the way back we feed the swans and ducks down in that lake you can see here. This used to be the outer rim for copenhagen, and was easy to defend because the only way across was over one of the 5 connecting bridges between the inner city and the land. Copenhagen is a portal city and has since ancient times been a very important trade place. So it was imperative to be able to defend the royal crown and its palaces. We are also going to swing by a small Island called Møn, which is famous for its huge chalk wall. There are two such sites in Denmark,the other is at Stevns Klint, but the one in Møn should be seen. I am looking forward to it because I dont think I have actually been to the real big on Møn.

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP